The Canadian Women's Foundation
Senior writer at The Canadian Women's Foundation, which funds women's shelters and community programs that help women and girls move out of violence, out of poverty, and into confidence and leadership.
I develop the theme and editorial lineup for SHE, the Foundation's bi-annual magazine. I write impact stories as well as in-depth articles, and coordinate the development of infographics, illustrations and photography for the magazine. My role at the Foundation also involves:
- Website content and strategy
- Writing speeches
- Messaging documents
- Blog posts
- Evaluation report summaries
- Video strategy
Lab instructor for Introduction to Digital Journalism Lab, a course that covers breaking news and interactive storytelling tools, in winter term 2015.
University of King's College
Sessional instructor for Print Reporting, a graduate journalism course covering
CP style, copy editing, interviewing and reporting skills, in fall 2012 and 2013.
While working at the Montreal Gazette – Montreal's daily English newspaper – as a copy editor from 2001 to 2012, I wrote freelance articles for sections including news, business and weekend life.
This is a selection:
I Spy Montréal
- I launched www.ISpyMontréal.com in 2009 and sold it in 2012 to Montreal Families magazine.
- I Spy Montréal was an online parents' guide to Montreal that attracted more than 10,000 monthly visitors and 3,300 weekly newsletter subscribers.
- The site won Best Place Blog in Ninjamatics Canadian Weblog Awards 2011.
Reporter and assistant editor at The Chronicle, a weekly newspaper covering Montreal's West Island from 2000 to 2001.
Awarded Best News Story by Quebec Community Newspapers Association in 2001.